It’s that day! That ushy-gushy-romance-filled-buy-
Oh, wait. Or is it that obnoxious-card-industry-
Either way, if not played well, it can be a truly harrowing twenty four hours, save for that minimal percentage of humanity who just calls it another <insert day of the week here>. So if you’re not the ‘laissez faire’ type, maybe we can offer a few of our own positive, original and hopefully interesting outlets for our Savories and Salties. (Yeaaah, we worked it in there.)
• Take your valentine to a museum to see a Romantic painter’s expression of love and bask in the euphoria (*ie Klimt’s “the kiss“, Waterhouse’s “Tristan and Isolde“, Toulouse-Lautrec’s “L’abandon“, Miyagawa Issho “Man and youth“)
• Put a special token of your relationship on a chain for a personalized, perfect necklace! (*ie house key, a coin from a destination vacation, a button from your wedding dress/suit, etc)
• Get a bottle of wine from a special date (birth, graduation, last raise) and cheers yourself on becoming who you are!
• Rent your favorite horror movies and see how many relationships last til the end!
• Take yourself out to your favorite dinner and download the Lulu app, a private network for girls to share insights on love and life. (*thats a nice way to say ‘rate your previous dates and relationships’! hehe)
Have any saltie tips of your own? Let us know!